Welcome Visitors - Join Today - It's Free
Hoosier Hunting Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hoosier Hunting » Deer Hunting » Bobcats!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bobcats!
Putnam
Junior Hunter
Member # 78763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Putnam   Email Putnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else alarmed by the amount of bobcats we are starting to see in Indiana? I get pics almost every time I pull cards now and so does everyone I know running trail cams.

FYI - Back in 2007 I got a pic of a bobcat in Putnam County. I called the IN DNR to report it. When I called in the lady that answered said she would transfer me to the person in charge of the "Bobcat Project". I asked "what is the Bobcat Project"? She said, "oh, I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to say". What??!!

Is it possible that the DNR reintroduced bobcats to cut down on our deer population?

I have already noticed a drastic reduction in turkeys and I'm sure deer are not far behind. There are definitely less than there used to be.

Why the secrecy?

Got this pic earlier this week...

-

--------------------
Putnam - The artist formerly known as Hunter Dan.

Posts: 27 | From: Crawfordsville, Indiana | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Valovich
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Valovich   Email Jeff Valovich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and the moon is made of green cheese ... smh ... the DNR didnt bring 'cats back to prey on deer ...where the **** do you guys come up with this stuff

just be glade they aint wolves ... 'yotes are enough of a problem ... and no, the DNR didnt bring 'yotes back either... they ahve always been around

--------------------
"Liberalism is a mental disorder"

Posts: 1366 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
76chevy
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 24895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 76chevy   Email 76chevy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunting and trapping season likely coming next year. I get them on cam all the time too.
Posts: 2675 | From: Montgomery County | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Valovich
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Valovich   Email Jeff Valovich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cool critters ....

--------------------
"Liberalism is a mental disorder"

Posts: 1366 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksender
Administrator
Member # 1249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksender   Email sticksender   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We were getting a few trail pics of them for a while, but nothing for the last 3-4 years. Don't know why, but we do have soooooo many coyotes, and maybe they're displacing them.

--------------------
--------------------

Posts: 3146 | From: Terre Haute | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
76chevy
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 24895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 76chevy   Email 76chevy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really? That surprises me. I am getting them all the time in Montgomery county. I figured they moved up north from Parke/Vigo area.

-

-

Posts: 2675 | From: Montgomery County | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | www.HoosierHunting.com

copyright 2017, HoosierHunting.com