Welcome Visitors - Join Today - It's Free
Hoosier Hunting Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hoosier Hunting » Deer Hunting » Bobcats!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bobcats!
Putnam
Junior Hunter
Member # 78763

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Putnam   Email Putnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone else alarmed by the amount of bobcats we are starting to see in Indiana? I get pics almost every time I pull cards now and so does everyone I know running trail cams.

FYI - Back in 2007 I got a pic of a bobcat in Putnam County. I called the IN DNR to report it. When I called in the lady that answered said she would transfer me to the person in charge of the "Bobcat Project". I asked "what is the Bobcat Project"? She said, "oh, I'm sorry, I'm not allowed to say". What??!!

I honestly believe the DNR reintroduced bobcats to secretly cut down on our deer population. There can be no other explanation. I have already noticed a drastic reduction in turkeys and I'm sure deer are not far behind. There are definitely less than there used to be.

Why the secrecy?

Got this pic earlier this week...

-

--------------------
Putnam - The artist formerly known as Hunter Dan.

Posts: 22 | From: Crawfordsville, Indiana | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Valovich
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff Valovich   Email Jeff Valovich   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
and the moon is made of green cheese ... smh ... the DNR didnt bring 'cats back to prey on deer ...where the **** do you guys come up with this stuff

just be glade they aint wolves ... 'yotes are enough of a problem ... and no, the DNR didnt bring 'yotes back either... they ahve always been around

--------------------
"Liberalism is a mental disorder"

Posts: 1335 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
76chevy
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 24895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 76chevy   Email 76chevy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunting and trapping season likely coming next year. I get them on cam all the time too.
Posts: 2651 | From: Montgomery County | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | www.HoosierHunting.com

copyright 2017, HoosierHunting.com