Welcome Visitors - Join Today - It's Free
Hoosier Hunting Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hoosier Hunting » Big Game » Western Hunts (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Western Hunts
sticksender
Administrator
Member # 1249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksender   Email sticksender   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Idaho is a great state to hunt, especially archery elk & deer.

For pics you need to use a hosting site (imgur), or send pics to me and I can post. PM sent.

--------------------
--------------------

Posts: 3049 | From: Terre Haute | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SFC (R) B
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 3590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFC (R) B   Email SFC (R) B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been absent for a while with a lot of moving and job changing (spent 6 months working in Germany, then back to CO and now on my 2nd fed job here in the last year-trying to get settled after the mil retirement)and thought this would be a good reentry. 2 weeks from today I head to the Flat Tops for 2nd season elk and mule deer in our regular camp. Last year I got a measly 3 days to hunt in a freakin heat wave(65+) but this year I had plenty of leave so I will be on the mountain for 11 days. The weather is also looking better in that area to with early snow and cold temps. To say I am excited would be an understatement. The area we hunt isn't a "trophy" area but it is beautiful and we know it well. in 5 years of hunting I have taken a muley buck, a cow and a bull. Not bad odds. The freezer is a little light at this point so I am hoping for some success.
After my excursion , the next hunt in our household will be for the Hunting Prnicess' first big game hunt!!! She drew a cow RFD tag for the middle of DEC on a ranch outside of Craig. I may be more excited for that hunt than mine. I had a rifle built for her this year (Howa 1500 SA in 7mm-08 on a boyd's thumbhole stock with a Vortex 3x9x40)and she is shooting well. So, that is how it is looking so far. If any of you are in the Colorado Springs area give me a holler and I will buy the first round at a local brewery.

--------------------
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 68 | From: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sticksender
Administrator
Member # 1249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sticksender   Email sticksender   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with your upcoming hunts!

--------------------
--------------------

Posts: 3049 | From: Terre Haute | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SFC (R) B
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 3590

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SFC (R) B   Email SFC (R) B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just went to the range for my last tune up before heading out on the 17th. Range was packed but the weather was awesome. Put 9 rounds within an inch and a half at 100m and called it a day. With a bad shoulder and +$2 a round no reason to push it. In reference to the post above about ID, if there are any disabled vets out there (like me) they should check out the ID fees. The OUT OF STATE disabled vets fees are cheaper in ID than what I pay for in state licenses here in CO. GREAT DEAL!!

--------------------
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 68 | From: Fort Carson, CO | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | www.HoosierHunting.com

copyright 2017, HoosierHunting.com