Welcome Visitors - Join Today - It's Free
Hoosier Hunting Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hoosier Hunting » Hoosier Fishing » Pike Fishing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pike Fishing
mtyakker
Junior Hunter
Member # 78646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mtyakker   Email mtyakker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really want to give this a good honest effort on my part. Looking for advice. A friend from the Michigan City area told me to give the Kankakee River a shot at the State Line Bridge. His recommendation was 1/2 oz white Spinner bait and 20 lb braid. Those items I have along with a couple dual blade inline spinners with some bucktail at the hooks. From looking at that spot on Google maps it looks like a great place to kayak fish from but it also appears that a person could have a lot of bank to walk and fish from. I'm just looking to go as prepared as possible considering it's my first trip. Looks like we have a couple nice days next week. Need to get out and fish. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Mike.
Posts: 3 | From: Indianapolis | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hornharvester
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 13622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hornharvester   Email hornharvester   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pike like shallow backwater areas in currents. Use a steel leader or you will be losing baits. Erratic start and stop of the lure triggers hits. Make sure you have long nose pliers along to remove hooked fish. Good luck, h.h.

--------------------
If you're not a hemorrhoid, get off my butt.

Posts: 1987 | From: N.E. Indiana, Spitting distance from the Wabash River. | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
76chevy
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 24895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 76chevy   Email 76chevy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you need a steel leader for sure if you are targeting pike

Top water in shallow weedy coves is where we have had the most luck

Posts: 2675 | From: Montgomery County | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | www.HoosierHunting.com

copyright 2017, HoosierHunting.com