Welcome Visitors - Join Today - It's Free
Hoosier Hunting Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hoosier Hunting » Ask A Gun Expert » Tarnished nickel finish

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tarnished nickel finish
jkissner
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 1338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkissner   Email jkissner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Any suggestions on how to remove the cloudiness from this nickel plating?

--------------------
Born to hunt. Forced to work.

Posts: 87 | From: Indianapolis, IN USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowBo
The Mod Squad
Member # 1501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowBo   Author's Homepage   Email BowBo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How's this for tarnish removal....

http://www.hoosierhunting.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/33/1729.html

I use Daytona Southern Shine!

--------------------
Just call me Bo!
In the Spring I Strut ~ In the Fall I Rut!

Posts: 5896 | From: The Swamps of South Ga! | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BREW...
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 1967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BREW...     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jkissner:
 -

Any suggestions on how to remove the cloudiness from this nickel plating?

Nevr-Dull

http://goo.gl/oNRk9Q

--------------------
Guardian Of The One Buck Rule & Gunseason
"Some people just need a good *** whoopin. It keeps the planets aligned"

Posts: 2971 | From: PlainField, IN | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yaz
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 1693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaz   Email Yaz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
looks like you have some slight pitting. If you can't get it out with those other products, use Flitz. I use it all the time on new barrels to "break them in", before shooting. Good stuff. If you have a dremmel and a little polishing wheel, it should clean it right up.

http://www.flitz.com

Posts: 4192 | From: Decatur County/Greensburg, IN | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkissner
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 1338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jkissner   Email jkissner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the good suggestions. They all look like proven products. I may get all three and see which works best.

--------------------

Posts: 87 | From: Indianapolis, IN USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jkissner
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 1338

Bo,

Where did you find Daytona Southern Shine?

--------------------

jkissner
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 1338

After Flitz. It was available at the New Palestine hardware store.
 -
 -
 -

Thanks for the recommendation of products.

--------------------

BowBo
The Mod Squad
Member # 1501

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowBo   Author's Homepage   Email BowBo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks really good J.... turned out nice!

Got my first Southern Shine down in Ga... but the last time, I really had to do some serious online surfing to find it!

Hope I'm not out of luck finding it again!!

--------------------
Just call me Bo!
In the Spring I Strut ~ In the Fall I Rut!

Posts: 5896 | From: The Swamps of South Ga! | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Weedhopper
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 696

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Weedhopper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks great!! I use Flitz a lot!

--------------------
Brew coffee....not tards

Posts: 8791 | From: Mooresville Indiana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | www.HoosierHunting.com

copyright 2017, HoosierHunting.com