Welcome Visitors - Join Today - It's Free
Hoosier Hunting Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hoosier Hunting » DEER Rule proposals & Reduction, OBR » CDAC's (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: CDAC's
BREW...
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 1967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BREW...     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I assume these are the numbers... correct jjas?

-

--------------------
Guardian Of The One Buck Rule & Gunseason
"Some people just need a good *** whoopin. It keeps the planets aligned"

Posts: 3005 | From: PlainField, IN | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bryan78
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bryan78   Email Bryan78   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's legal, ok, I get that, but, why on Earth would somebody need to shoot 15 deer let alone 4 or more?

IMO, after a couple. it becomes more of just shooting them versus hunting them.

Posts: 1238 | From: Shelbyville, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bean
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 2424

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bean   Email bean   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bryan78:
It's legal, ok, I get that, but, why on Earth would somebody need to shoot 15 deer let alone 4 or more?

We eat 4-5 a year. Usually one is made into sausage (except the back straps of course). Luke in recent years has killed 2-3 and me 1-2. Not killed from the same area though. I put in for as many hunts as I can with the draws.

--------------------
Sweat equity now = success the Fall!!

Posts: 3022 | From: Richmond (Webster) | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjas
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 2782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I can't imagine killing 15 deer either, but what would you say should be the limit on a statewide basis?
Posts: 1983 | From: Southern Indiana | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whitetaildave24
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 2282

Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitetaildave24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bean:
quote:

We eat 4-5 a year. Usually one is made into sausage (except the back straps of course). Luke in recent years has killed 2-3 and me 1-2. Not killed from the same area though. I put in for as many hunts as I can with the draws.
Exactly. We have four in the freezer and they'll be gone before next deer season. We could probably kill double that and still not have much left after a year. I still consider myself hunting them even after that many in the freezer. Just because a couple is good for you doesn't mean that should be the rule for all.
Posts: 1040 | From: Nineveh, IN | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bryan78
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 10205

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bryan78   Email Bryan78   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not trying to tell anybody how they should hunt nor would I ever do so, and if you and your family consume every deer you harvest, then that is outstanding.

To answer your question jjas. My personal view is four deer per hunter is a God's plenty (even though I would never shoot that many). I prefer to shoot deer that are big enough that all I need is one deer to satisfy my needs.

My comment had more to do with a guy I use to work with who two years ago him and his family went out and shot 8+ deer and wasted all of it by getting summer sausage made out of it. Then this past fall I ran into him at Rural King and asked him how his season was going and listened to him b**** and moan because they only managed to kill a couple. He was too stupid realize that he and his family killed everything off the season before.

Posts: 1238 | From: Shelbyville, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jjas
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 2782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jjas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm not trying to tell anybody how they should hunt nor would I ever do so, and if you and your family consume every deer you harvest, then that is outstanding.

To answer your question jjas. My personal view is four deer per hunter is a God's plenty (even though I would never shoot that many). I prefer to shoot deer that are big enough that all I need is one deer to satisfy my needs.

My comment had more to do with a guy I use to work with who two years ago him and his family went out and shot 8+ deer and wasted all of it by getting summer sausage made out of it. Then this past fall I ran into him at Rural King and asked him how his season was going and listened to him b**** and moan because they only managed to kill a couple. He was too stupid realize that he and his family killed everything off the season before.

While I understand your frustration with situations like you described above, according to the new harvest report less than 1% of deer hunters in the state take more than 4 deer.

I'm sure it would be tough to break down the report when it comes to hunters taking multiples of deer, but it would be nice to know the circumstances in some of these high number yearly harvests.

Are these hunters buying those licenses and hunting multiple counties? Are many of them landowners who feel they have too many deer on their property (or properties) and thinning them out during the season?

I'm definitely curious.

Posts: 1983 | From: Southern Indiana | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
QUINCY HUNTER
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 5563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for QUINCY HUNTER   Email QUINCY HUNTER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IWDHM Group did an interview for channel 14 news. Going to air tonight at 5:00 pm Evansville time 6:00 est

www.14news.com

Posts: 68 | From: Mooresville | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BREW...
Hoosier Hunter
Member # 1967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BREW...     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More Fake/False News...... what is it this time more Florida Deer Hunters leaseing INDIANA ground to shoot Does... SMH

--------------------
Guardian Of The One Buck Rule & Gunseason
"Some people just need a good *** whoopin. It keeps the planets aligned"

Posts: 3005 | From: PlainField, IN | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | www.HoosierHunting.com

copyright 2017, HoosierHunting.com